Tuesday 16 February 2010

All down to experience (dedicated to Nadia and Ambra)


On Valentine's day we were invited to lunch at Nadia's. After just one bite of her ultra light pasta I knew we were in for a real treat. But best of all she cooked frappe, a carnival treat, really wicked, deep fried and dowsed in icing sugar. But these were so light I couldn't belive they were 'harmful'.
(Actually Nadia even filled some with custard, but I didn't think of taking a picture until it was too late).
Now I reckon I'm a good cook but to equal these I'd need another fifty years experience of
watching mum in the kitchen rolling them out paper thin and getting the right temperature.

I lack her experience and passion



Which brings me to Ambra and knitting. Although she hasn't been knitting as long as me she is much more patient and very accurate, yet she is still ot very confident over stranding colour.
The only reason here is that she needs experience too. I've been doing it all my life and just to prove it here is one of my first ever models. Made when I was 16, I've kept it with me all these years. I was working at WHS as a Saturday girl at the time and I used to copy bits from the book in the store and buy a ball a week with my earnings.
And yes for my UK pals who might recognise the motto, Dad was a Unigate milkman. (So I'll dedciate this to him too)

PS PART 2 to follow............

2 comments:

Lana Cotta said...

So glad you like frappe :) I love them too. You will learn how to prepare them, in the meanwhile you can try castagnole, I think they are easier (if you like them at least).
I apologize for my English. Have a nice day.

suse-the-slow-knitta said...

thwe frappe look fab! very more-ish. very impressed with the sweater too!