Sunday 26 February 2012

Never-ending Noro



Well I have been imprisoned in the village by polar tempertaures ice and snow for three weeks, no chance to get out and buy wool or for postie to fight his way through to me. So I had a look to see what I could find in my stash,.

Noro.

I have a love hate thing about this Japanese yarn, once started the colour changes and the thick thin texture is hypnotic. Totally relaxing. But I'm not always over keen on results. I dont really like blends only pure wool and sometimes the colour combinations seem to clash. The skirt is an example. Always wanted to knit a skirt. It came out as promised but I dont really feel its me. Already frogged it. Fortunately unpicking can be as therapeutic as creating at times and it is already being recycled into a jacket. The second project was much more promising

Volna shawl in two skeins of Noro sekku lace weight.

2 comments:

paula said...

love the shawl, agree with you on the skirt

Anonymous said...

A me la gonna piaceva molto. ciao simo