Wednesday 24 November 2010

Highlights of Barcelona



Setting out on bus tour. It looked sunny but we were frozen by end of day.

La Sagra Famiglia, Gaudi's still-being-finshed church.



Empanadas, a taste discovery...





This one is for Gilly. Gaudi's lizard in Parco Guell



Going back to my youth. Dinner in Hard Rock Cafe




Chocolate Fudge Brownies as good as they were 30 years ago.





Another Gaudi masterpiece








The harbour.









The beach






Restaurant with view, tapas, paella and creme catalan..what else?











The gothic part of town where in a back street I came across this...












Allyouknitislove, wool shop, closed everytime I passed on Sunday and Monday but finally open at 11am on Tuesady, one hour before our bus left for the airport. So I just dashed in and brought balls of wool I'd heard of but never seen including Malabrigo, Kauni and Lorna's laces...

5 comments:

Kathy said...

My kids and I are planning a cruise for 2012 and will either be visiting the Baltics or the Med, Barcelona would definitely be a stop for us...we love the old architecture!
Looks like a good time...

suse-the-slow-knitta said...

I am so jealous! glad you had a good trip for Victor's birthday

paula said...

I need that brownie ! ! ! ! ! ! !!.

My Chocolate Craving is in high gear tonight!

Every time I see the word Barcelona I immediately think of the guy on Fawlty Towers . . ."He can't help it, he's from barcelona."

LOLOL

paula

Anonymous said...

It looks a beautiful city, glad you had a good time, and made the yarn shop....take some pics of your yarn!!

Bettyboo

Jane said...

Just catching up! What a great trip and to find great yarn too.......I know how much that means to you!